Book Review: One Hundred Saints

 

He was from the wrong side of the bayou.

A place where voodoo was revered and fallen angels whispered.

I didn’t care.

I loved him from the first time we played together, and I love him still.

I haven’t seen him in so long.

I went back to New Orleans when I could.

I never stopped thinking about him.

My bayou boy with the heavy Cajun accent.

I just didn’t know that the happy little boy had turned into such a different man.

I didn’t know that he had been looking for me too.

I didn’t know a lot of things.

But finding out was much worse than staying in the dark.



My Review

This is a very, quick read. The dark and spooky vibe of New Orleans is the perfect setting for this story. 

Emily and Grimm come from two different walks of life. Emily is from a rich family. Yet, she never treated Grimm like he was beneath her. That they why they formed a good friendship. The draw that Emily felt to seek out Grimm again as an adult is strong.

When Grimm sees Emily again you can tell that he felt that connection too. I was expecting their friendship to bloom into something more. What I did not see coming was the ending. It left me with unanswered questions. Yet, the fact that I am left wondering what happened, and my mind is left running wild with "what if" is part of the appeal of this book. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway