Book Review: The Magic of the Lamp

 

Coming June 24 2022!

The Tantalising Tales Collection

An Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp Retelling

A headstrong princess, an ambitious sorcerer, and a forbidden love that could ruin them both…

When Princess Jasmine returns home after fifteen years, she's determined not to choose any of the suitors her father has lined up for her.

She doesn't need a man to rule her kingdom.

Jafar has fought tooth and nail for everything he has and he never sets his sights on something he can't have.

Until her.

But the princess must marry a prince.

When the mysterious Prince Ali enters the palace stirring a curiosity in the princess, Jafar's jealousy is uncontainable. But when the choice before him is love or power, will he fight for the woman he loves or cling to the power he so desperately craves?

The Magic of the Lamp is the enticing eighth book in the Tantalising Tales Collection. If you like forbidden romance, sizzling tension and happily ever afters, then you’ll love Lorelei Johnson’s seductive twist on this fairy tale.


My Review

I enjoy reading retellings of stories; especially ones that have been given a spice upgrade. Which after reading this book I will not be looking at the Aladdin movie the same way again. I did like this modern retelling twist that the author gave this classic tale. What I just struggled with was the connection with all of the characters. I could never fully embrace them as much as I tried and hope to. Therefore, some of the magic of the story did get a bit lost on me. 

Don't let the title of "Princess" fool you as Jasmine is a take charge woman. She knows what she wants, and she goes for it. I don't want to give anything away, but I will say that things do get flipped upside down some with this story. So, put away your preconceived notions of what you remember about this story and just sit back and enjoy it. Overall, I did enjoy this book enjoy that I would read other retellings that this author has written. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations