Book Review: Play or Die

 

Appearances can be deceiving. As a young woman begins to get her life back on track, she is faced with the biggest challenge of her life. A challenge that will either end in her glory or her death. The greatest mistake she made was trusting a new acquaintance and now she is paying the price. Can she survive the yearly torture game of play or die?

My Review
This is the first book I have read by this author. Wow, what a first introduction. I do enjoy reading gory books. It has been a while since I have read a really gory book. So, I was not turned off by the "games" that Rose, and the other women had to participate in. The mastermind behind it all is a sadist. 

I agree with another reviewer that this book was giving me "Saw" and "Truth or Dare" vibes. So, if you are familiar with these movies, you get the idea of the type of torture that Rose, and the other women had to endure but imagine it 5 times even more gruesome. Every level did get more intense. I had such a vivid movie playing in my head while reading this book. After reading this book, I do want to check out the author's other book. 

Warning, if horror movies or the slightest bit of blood turns you off, then you really need to stay away from this book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway