Ariel's island




When the Milano Corporation's lead counselor plummets to his death, young and hungry Atlanta litigator Paul McDaniel dives into the murky waters of the patent dispute between brothers Placido and Anthony Milano and their mysterious challenger SyCorAx, Ltd. Placido’s elusive assistant Ariel helps Paul glide through the turbulent currents of the case, and his prospects couldn’t seem any brighter—until a weekend spent at an exclusive coastal island resort with the Milanos reveals a hidden adversary and sends Paul scrambling to save Placido’s daughter Melissa, prove himself innocent of bribery and murder, and preserve the career he’s sacrificed his entire life to build.

My Review

I am not that familiar with much of Shakespeare's work. Although, I know a tiny bit about The Tempest. Which is book is kind of remodeled after. For me I had no issues with the retelling in present day. My issue was that I did not find the main character, Paul to be endearing or interesting. Unfortunately this was not a good thing as he is the main voice of the story.

In addition, I found the tone of this book to come off as fantasy at times and other times a thriller or romance. it was a bit confusing. There was no real theme to tie everything together as smoothly as I would have liked. I got lost in what I was reading and would have to re-read sections. I will admit that it took me a while to finish this book due to the different tones of the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations