The Lies We Told





The highly acclaimed author of Watching Edie returns with a new novel of dark psychological suspense that explores how those closest to us have the most to hide...

When Clara's boyfriend, Luke, disappears, everyone believes that he's left her, but Clara thinks she knows the truth. Recent evidence suggests that Luke had a stalker, and Clara worries that he's been kidnapped. Then Luke's older sister, Emma, who vanished twenty years ago, suddenly reappears.

Emma wants to help Clara with her search for Luke, but she refuses to talk about what happened--even though it nearly destroyed her family when she vanished. And the deeper Clara digs into Luke's mysterious disappearance, the more convinced she is that the two incidents are connected.


My Review

I have not read Watching Edie but after reading this book, I want to check it out. There was a dark edge to this book that comes with psychological thrillers.

This book is told from two character perspectives of Clara and Beth. Both women were good. I found them engaging and could hold the leads in the story. I like that Clara did not come off as weak and let everyone else around her support her or solve the case. She did a lot of the heavy lifting. Where Beth is concerned. Her parts of the story reminded me of the book, Baby Teeth. Hannah is an evil girl. It would be hard to love but at the same time hate your child.

The mystery surrounding Luke, his family, Beth, and Hannah is where the grittiness comes into play. I kept trying to piece together all of the pieces to solve the whole puzzle before the author revealed it in the story. Yet, I think I figured it out a little bit before the reveal. I was not disappointed by the ending. Beware "The Lies We Told" as revenge is a killer.


Check out my Instagram post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway