A Rumored Fortune



Tressa Harlowe's father did not trust banks, but neither did he trust his greedy extended family. He kept his vast fortune hidden somewhere on his estate in the south of England and died suddenly, without telling anyone where he had concealed it. Tressa and her ailing mother are left with a mansion and an immense vineyard and no money to run it. It doesn't take long for a bevy of opportunists to flock to the estate under the guise of offering condolences. Tressa knows what they're really up to. She'll have to work with the rough and rusticated vineyard manager to keep the laborers content without pay and discover the key to finding her father's fortune--before someone else finds it first.

My Review

This is the first book I have read by this author. It is a good one. I liked the storyline. The cast of characters are fine. Although, I wish that I could have said that the characters were great. This is what I was hoping for. There were glimpses of this but not enough throughout the story. For which is a shame; as the story would have been brought to life better if I had felt a stronger connection to the characters.

Tressa was likable. She really did try her best to help people even if she had to get her hands dirty. There was a romance that did form in this story. It was sweet but had feelings. However, it didn't matter as again, I could not really feel that emotional connection to the characters. While, I may have only "liked" this book, I would read another one by this author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway