Why I Hate Green Beans


If there is one thing Lincee Ray has learned over the years, it's that the majority of women on the planet struggle with insecurities. Our skinny jeans mock us. Our just-trying-to-help mothers are just driving us crazy. Our social media feeds taunt us with everyone else's picture-perfect lives. It's enough to send you on a gummy-bear bender while binge-watching Friends reruns and not showering for a week. Lincee knows. She's been there. Right there, in fact. Gummy bears and all.

For every woman who's ever wondered if she's unlovable, uninteresting, or unattractive, Lincee offers her particular brand of hilarious (and hard-hitting) self-reflection. Like a true friend, she shows us that the fastest way to happiness is to embrace ourselves in all our imperfection, trust that God knew what he was doing when he made us, and maybe go buy a new tube of mascara. Walk alongside Lincee as she discovers that her identity is not found in her job, her relationship status, her bank account, or her social circle. It's found in Christ.



My Review

This is the first time that I have heard the name Lincee Ray or her podcast, Why I Hate Green Beans. Now that I have been introduced to Lincee, I will be checking out more of her work and articles.

The best part of this whole book is the no holds bar humor that Lincee brings with her writing and storytelling. I can understand why she hates green beans. If I was provided them to eat all the time as part of the "green bean" diet, I would hate them as well. Luckily, my mom was not into "fab" diets. Well there was Atkins but she and my dad were the only ones to do it. They did not make or allow us kids to participate. Reading Lincee's quick summary on The Bachelor still does not entice m to want to check out this show, no matter how hot the host is. There are so many other stories and each one is a gem. You have to check out this book and no you won't have to eat green beans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations