The Wolves of Winter

Forget the old days. Forget summer. Forget warmth. Forget anything that doesn’t help you survive.

Lynn McBride has learned much since society collapsed in the face of nuclear war and the relentless spread of disease. As memories of her old life haunt her, she has been forced to forge ahead in the snow-covered Canadian Yukon, learning how to hunt and trap to survive.

But her fragile existence is about to be shattered. Shadows of the world before have found her tiny community—most prominently in the enigmatic figure of Jax, who sets in motion a chain of events that will force Lynn to fulfill a destiny she never imagined.



My Review


I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a very fast read. I like how Mr. Johnson focused on just one family with a few characters. This way, it allowed me to grow a close connection to Lynn and her family. Additionally, what else I enjoyed about this book is that Mr. Johnson does not try to imitate the Hunger Games. Mr. Johnson ushers in a new take on the post apocalyptic genre with the Wolves of Winter.

Lynn is a great strong female lead. She is smart as well. Jax is a mysterious man. I feel like there is still more to him. I can't wait to find out more about him in what I hope is the next book. There is a hint of romantic feelings between Jax and Lynn but no action was taken. This allowed the main focus to be on survival for Lynn, her family, and the rest of the population. Which Lynn will need to be focused if she is to stop the Immunity. My only complaint is that I would have liked to know more about the world that this story is based upon. Yet, I still enjoyed this book a lot.


Check out my Instagram post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations