So many laughs for the Tapper Twins

This brand-new series by a popular screenwriter is a pitch-perfect, contemporary comedy featuring twelve-year-old fraternal twins, Claudia and Reese, who couldn't be more different...except in their determination to come out on top in a vicious prank war! But when the competition escalates into an all-out battle that's fought from the cafeteria of their New York City private school all the way to the fictional universe of an online video game, the twins have to decide if their efforts to destroy each other are worth the price.

Told as a colorful "oral history" by the twins and their friends, and including photos, screenshots, chat logs, online gaming digital art, and text messages between their clueless parents, The Tapper Twins is a hilariously authentic showcase of what it's like to be in middle school in our digitally-saturated world.



My Review

I picked up this book for my nephews because I thought they may like it. I was not familiar with the author's name until I read some of his credits as a screenwriter for films like Daddy Day Care and RV. Two of my favorite comedic films to watch. So if you are familiar with these films then you can expect that this same sense of humor would be infused in this book. Which it was. I could not stop laughing at the antics and bickering between Claudia and Reese.

At first I was not sure if I would like the interview format of this book but it worked perfectly for this story. Besides being funny it also had whimsy and sarcasm but in a good way for the younger readers to enjoy as well. I say this because readers of all ages will like this book. Me and my sister used to bicker and fight too but we had nothing on the Tapper Twins. There is so much fun to be found in this book that just like me you will find yourself lost for track of time. This was a quick read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations