Don't Stay Up Late with R. L. Stine

The second new book in the re-launch of R.L. Stine's Fear Street series, which sold 80 million copies around the world, making it one of the bestselling young adult series of all time.

R.L. Stine's hugely successful young adult horror series Fear Street is back after almost 2 decades. Fear Street is a worldwide phenomenon and helped to kick off the young adult craze which is still going strong today. In the second new book in this series, Don't Stay Up Late, Stine explores the unbridled terror of a damaged young lady sent on a doomed babysitting job.

Ever since a car accident killed her father and put Lisa and her mother into the hospital, Lisa can't think straight. She's plagued by nightmares and hallucinations that force her to relive the accident over and over again in vivid detail. When Lisa finds out that a neighbor is looking for a babysitter for her young son, she takes the job immediately, eager to keep busy and shake these disturbing images from her head.
But what promised to be an easy gig turns terrifying when Lisa begins to question exactly who — or what — she is babysitting.

R.L. Stine makes his triumphant return to Shadyside in the new Fear Street book Don't Stay Up Late.





My Review

I was so over the top excited to check out this relaunch of the Fear Street series. I can remember reading these books when I was younger. Actually I read all of Mr. Stine's series and watched the television series as well. The best part about these books were the "campy" feel of the stories. Some were scary.

What I felt like I was missing with this book was the "campy" feel. Also there was nothing really scary about this book. While the monster in this story was not something I would want to meet late at night by myself. There was no real connection to what the monster was to the story as a whole at first, so thus the monster was not scary. Also, I had no close connection with Lisa or any of the other characters in this book. The ending was alright. However because I grew up reading books by Mr. Stine. I will probably check out another book in this series to see if the books do get better to what I remember. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway