Love's Fortune

Sheltered since birth at her Kentucky home, Rowena Ballantyne has heard only whispered rumors of her grandfather Silas's vast fortune and grand manor in Pennsylvania. When her father receives a rare letter summoning him to New Hope, Rowena makes the journey with him and quickly finds herself in a whole new world--filled with family members she's never met, dances she's never learned, and a new side to the father she thought she knew. As she struggles to fit in during their extended stay, she finds a friend in James Sackett, the most valued steamship pilot of the Ballantynes' shipping line. Even with his help, Rowena feels she may never be comfortable in high society. Will she go her own way . . . to her peril?

With her signature attention to historical detail, Laura Frantz brings 1850s Pennsylvania alive with a tender story of loss, love, and loyalty. Fans will cheer for this final installment of the Ballatyne saga.




Review by Blanche Mancuso


I loved this book so much that I did not care that it was book three in this series. I had not read the prior two novels. So as you can tell this means that you can also jump right into this series with no problems. However now that I have finished this book, I want to go back and check out the first two books. I loved everything about this book from the setting, the storyline, the characters, and the ending. Which was a great on by the way. The connection I shared with the characters was awesome.

In fact, I enjoyed this book so much that I had a hard time sitting down and writing a review of this book. You know that feeling you get sometimes where all you want to do is rave and rave about a book but how to do it in way that you don't give away all of the details. This is what happened to me. Again, all I can say is that I blasted through this book and had an enjoyable time reading it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations