Before I Go




Hardcover, 320 pages
Expected publication: January 6th 2015 by Gallery Books
A heart-wrenching debut novel in the bestselling tradition of P.S. I Love You about a young woman with breast cancer who undertakes a mission to find a new wife for her husband before she passes away.

Twenty-seven-year-old Daisy already beat breast cancer three years ago. How can this be happening to her again?

On the eve of what was supposed to be a triumphant “Cancerversary” with her husband Jack to celebrate three years of being cancer-free, Daisy suffers a devastating blow: her doctor tells her that the cancer is back, but this time it’s an aggressive stage four diagnosis. She may have as few as four months left to live. Death is a frightening prospect—but not because she’s afraid for herself. She’s terrified of what will happen to her brilliant but otherwise charmingly helpless husband when she’s no longer there to take care of him. It’s this fear that keeps her up at night, until she stumbles on the solution: she has to find him another wife.

With a singular determination, Daisy scouts local parks and coffee shops and online dating sites looking for Jack’s perfect match. But the further she gets on her quest, the more she questions the sanity of her plan. As the thought of her husband with another woman becomes all too real, Daisy’s forced to decide what’s more important in the short amount of time she has left: her husband’s happiness—or her own?



My Review
Overall, a really good book. I would not call it a tear-jerker like P.S. I Love You but still a good book. I was expecting to cry my eyes out. This did not happen. So when I got to the very last few pages, I was surprised when I did feel myself tear up some and shed tears. I was not expecting this. I mean I did like the story and the characters but I never got too emotional. In fact, at times I thought Daisy was mean spirited towards her husband. Although, I could understand her lashing out at him. I still did not feel like he deserved the anger. Jack was nothing but a sweet heart towards Daisy. This may have had a little to do with why I did not get so emotional reading this book. Daisy was human with the emotions she was experiencing but she kept herself at a distance some. Before I Go is a nice first showing for new author, Colleen Oakley.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations