To My Senses


I want to thank Alexandrea Weis for sending me a copy of her book to review.





Nicci Beauvoir is a debutante. She is not your typical society girl, which is hard to find in The Big Easy, New Orleans. Just because Nicci attends all the galas does not mean she likes going. The only good thing Nicci has to say about going to all the different parties is that she never gets bored; watching all the snobs making mockeries of them selves. Plus attending the galas helps Nicci keep track of who is dating whom. While attending one of the many galas, Nicci meets the most intriguing man by the name of David Alexander. Mr. Alexander has many talents as both a painter and part-time gigolo. David and Nicci soon become lovers but this budding romance may end before it’s even begun if certain people have anything to say about this relationship.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I shouldn’t be surprised as the characters were great and the storyline was seamless. Nicci turned out to be a good female lead. She had grace, compassion as well as actually being human. Not to say that debutantes are uncaring but because Nicci was the complete opposite of what I know of socialites that is why I fell in love with her and David’s story. A lesson to be told from this book is that “You can’t help where you came from but you can choose who you give your heart to”. To My Senses by Alexandrea Weis is a wonderful debut novel by an up and coming new author. To My Senses is like finding a diamond amongst a pile of cubic zirconiums.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree...this was one of the best book I read in 2008.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway