Book Review: Flirty Fall Fling
I read the grumpy skeptic's fortune in the bottom of a coffee cup. The grounds say he'll find true love, but I tell him to expect a flirty fall fling…
In my defense, he thinks I'm a fraud and made it clear he doesn't believe in l-o-v-e. I try to forget him, but he keeps appearing wherever I go. Then he offers me five grand per hour to break a family curse he swears is real. Considering I need the money to repair the roof of my haunted manor, I help him.
Our sessions end before the autumn equinox, and instead of walking away he proposes a new deal: be each other's until Halloween. Against my better judgment, I agree, but with strict rules.
Between sneaking around at the apple orchard and finding each other in the hay maze, I catch myself not wanting to keep him my dirty little secret. The town's meddling matchmakers don't know their beloved Jamie is Jameson Cross, a billionaire in hiding. Or that he's in my bed every night. When the paparazzi track him down and the tabloids leak that he's dating a witch, his bags are already packed for New York.
The cup said he'd find his forever, and I don't believe it's me. Magically, the stubborn man who's never been able to commit to anyone longer than thirty days is determined to prove me wrong.
And I think the universe might be on his side. Pfft.
My Review
I love Lyra's writing. This newest offering is a fun, cozy, romcom. It got me into the fall seasonal mood for sure. I am ready for autumn with the color changing of the leaves and pumpkins.
Jaime is so grumpy that I laughed at his grumpiness. He and Blaire could not be more different. Yet, that is what makes them so good together. Opposites do attract. Blaire is not wrong in her tea reading prediction that she gave Jaime. The witty banter these two had with each other is funny. Blaire is quirky and I love this about her.
Making your seasonal or Halloween reading list, make sure to add this book to it. Flirty Fall Fling is Funny, Festive, and Fate!

Comments