The Nun's Betrothal




Set in ninth-century France, just before taking her vows, Sister Gilda, along with Lord Justin, King Louis’s counselor, is given a task: investigate grounds for the annulment of a marriage between Count Cedric and Lady Mariel. Together, they discover that Mariel believes she actually married Cedric’s younger half-brother Phillip―Cedric’s surrogate―at the marriage ceremony, and that Cedric plans to marry Lady Emma as soon as the annulment is granted. Emma and Phillip, meanwhile, have declared their love for each other.
Gilda and Justin must find a fair and just solution that will satisfy the principals, the archbishop, and the king―and at the same time deal with the distracting passion developing between the two of them. As they work together to unravel the mysterious circumstances of the count’s marriage, their attraction grows―threatening Gilda’s freedom and Justin’s reputation.


My Review

This is the second book I have read by this author. The first book I did enjoy and therefore wanted to read this book. I will say this about Ms. Curtis, she does know how to set the mood right for each time period that her books are told in. 

That is what I enjoyed the most about this book. I was instantly transported back in time. Yet, this could not help boost my feelings about this book. Try as I might. I struggled to fully embrace the characters in the story. Thus, my reading speed was slow. While, I may not have enjoyed this book as much as the first one, I know what Ms. Curtis can bring to her books and I do look forward to seeing what she comes out with next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations