Audiobook Review: How (Not) To Raise The Dead
Tropes
- Bored demon x grieving mortal 😈
- Accidental summoning 🔮
- Forced proximity ⛓
- Reluctant allies to lovers🕯
- Animal sidekicks 🐾
- Touch her and die, literally 💀
Eden only wanted one thing--to see her dead boyfriend again.
But when her summoning spell misfired, she didn't get closure.
She got Malachi--a demon with horns, fangs, a bad attitude, and the emotional maturity of a bored arsonist.
He wasn't supposed to cross the veil, definitely wasn't supposed to barge into her apartment, and absolutely wasn't supposed to enjoy the frantic little mortal who panics when he breathes near her.
As Eden's grief cracks open and Malachi learns what it means to feel, the line between summoner and summoned begins to blue.
And when Hell finally decides it wants its missing demon back, they'll both have to decide how far they're willing to go to stay together.
____________________________________
18+ Mature Content. Please check the content warning at the beginning of the book.
My Review
Haha. This is my first reaction after listening to the ALC of this book. Malachi is snarky asf! I was laughing the whole time I was listening to the audiobook. The words that came out of Malachi's mouth are hilarious. I never knew what he was going to say next.
I thought Eden handled the situation fairly well considering the fact that she did summon a demon. Where the spice level is concerned, it is not overly spicy but the storyline, banter, angst, and characters supplement the story really well.
The ALC is performed in duet by Marie Hawkins & Anthony Palmini. These two did an amazing job of bringing to life the voices of Eden and Malachi. I will be careful about summoning demons unless they are like Malachi and then I can't guarantee anything. Do the immersive experience by listening to the ALC with the ebook or physical copy.
%20(1).jpg)
Comments