The Forest Queen

When sixteen-year-old Sylvie’s brother takes over management of their family’s vast estates, Sylvie feels powerless to stop his abuse of the local commoners. Her dearest friend asks her to run away to the woods with him, and soon a host of other villagers join them. Together, they form their own community and fight to right the wrongs perpetrated by the king and his noblemen.

My Review


I was excited to check out this book. The reimagined concept of  Robin Hood with a gender reversal role was a thrilling thought. That is exactly what should have happened is "thrills". However, this book barely got afloat. None of the characters were that interesting. Yeah, I could keep them straight and knew who was who only because of the roles they portrayed but if this had been a regular story not reimagined; I would have not remembered any of them.

What saddened me was Silvie. I wanted her to pull out a win and knock it out of the park. Yet, she was mild at best. She didn't really act like a leader. Although, she was not the only one that lacked in strength. Her brother; Sheriff John. He was not the "evil" character that I imagined. Overall, you could say that I was "underwhelmed".
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations