Baby Teeth

Sweetness can be deceptive.

Meet Hanna.

She’s the sweet-but-silent angel in the adoring eyes of her Daddy. He’s the only person who understands her, and all Hanna wants is to live happily ever after with him. But Mommy stands in her way, and she’ll try any trick she can think of to get rid of her. Ideally for good.

Meet Suzette.

She loves her daughter, really, but after years of expulsions and strained home schooling, her precarious health and sanity are weakening day by day. As Hanna’s tricks become increasingly sophisticated, and Suzette's husband remains blind to the failing family dynamics, Suzette starts to fear that there’s something seriously wrong, and that maybe home isn’t the best place for their baby girl after all.


My Review

This story is told from the alternating perspectives of Hanna and Suzette. This really brought the characters closer and gave them strong voices. When I first started reading this book, I thought that Hanna was just a bratty little girl. Yet, this book was much more than just a story about a bratty little girl.

I had two "I got this story figured out" moments. However, it seems by the end that I did not have this story figured out. The ending was good but at the same time I feel sad saying the ending was good. To understand what I am speaking of, you will have to pick up a copy of this book to check out for yourself.

What a debut novel from new author, Zoje Stage. I can't wait to see what Zoje has up her sleeves for her next book. I was hooked. You could say that I had "sunk my teeth" into this book with pure delight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway