Ground Zero

 











In time for the twentieth anniversary of 9/11, master storyteller Alan Gratz (Refugee) delivers a pulse-pounding and unforgettable take on history and hope, revenge and fear -- and the stunning links between the past and present.

September 11, 2001, New York City: Brandon is visiting his dad at work, on the 107th floor of the World Trade Center. Out of nowhere, an airplane slams into the tower, creating a fiery nightmare of terror and confusion. And Brandon is in the middle of it all. Can he survive -- and escape?

September 11, 2019, Afghanistan: Reshmina has grown up in the shadow of war, but she dreams of peace and progress. When a battle erupts in her village, Reshmina stumbles upon a wounded American soldier named Taz. Should she help Taz -- and put herself and her family in mortal danger?

Two kids. One devastating day. Nothing will ever be the same.


My Review


As I was reading this book, it brought up memories of this fateful day. I was transported back in time and could remember where I was and the emotions I felt watching the Twin Towers burning and crumbling on the television. Therefore you could say that I did get emotional while reading this book. 

However, I thought this was a well written book for the younger readers. They may not remember this event but they will connect with Brandon and Reshmina.

Although, I have to say that I connected with Brandon a bit more myself. Not that Reshmina's story was not significant as well with the invasion of Taliban. I just was more connected with the Twin Towers as I just remember it a bit more stronger. I know that events like these are important to remember as they are part of our history. Therefore, I am happy to share this book with my nephews. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway