Saving Mr. Perfect

I'm a wanted jewel thief.
He's FBI.
What's that saying? Keep your friends close...and your husband closer.


Being a retired jewel thief certainly has its perks.

1. Oh, wait.
2. No it doesn't.

Without the thrill of the chase, life's been pretty dull. I garden, I drive my gorgeous husband up the wall, and I watch as my old world slowly slips away. But what's that old saying? When one thief closes the door...a copycat jimmies open a window.

And now all fingers at the FBI are pointed at me.

Set up to take the fall for thefts worth millions, I have no choice but to strap on my heels and help my FBI agent husband track the thief. Grant might not think he needs a partner, but this is one case only a true professional can solve. Besides, I've got to know who's been taking my bad name in vain.

Let's just hope curiosity doesn't kill the cat burglar.



My Review

After reading the first book in this series, Stealing Mr. Right, I have been waiting for this book. It was instant love for Penelope and Grant. The witty banter between them had me laughing the whole time in the first book. They are back at it again in this book. Only this time, Grant and Penelope are on the same side as husband and wife. Yep, Penelope could not say no as Grant had stolen her heart.

There is still the witty banter but I found myself left with a few less laughs. Partly because Penelope was a semi-retired thief so her antics were not in full force. Yet, her antics as an "uncover spy" were pretty entertaining. Grant is a saint. He has so much patience for Penelope. They are kind of like the modern day Ricky and Lucy. Then there was the addition of Grant's boss, Christopher Leon. He sure helped to kept things interesting with his flirting with Penelope and his sticky fingers on helping Grant with the case. I am all in for the third book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway