A Ring of Truth




Newly engaged, Clive and Henrietta now begin the difficult task of meeting each other's family. Difficult because Clive has neglected to tell Henrietta that he is in fact the heir to the Howard estate and fortune, and Henrietta has just discovered that her mother has been hiding secrets about her past as well. When Clive brings Henrietta to the family estate to meet his parents, they are less than enthused about his impoverished intended. Left alone in this extravagant new world when Clive returns to the city, Henrietta finds herself more at home with the servants than his family, much to the disapproval of Mrs. Howard and soon gets caught up in the disappearance of an elderly servant's ring, not realizing that in doing so she has become part of a bigger, darker plot. As Clive and Henrietta attempt to discover the truth in the two very different worlds unraveling around them, they both begin to wonder: Are they meant for each other after all?



My Review

This is my first introduction to this series. I did not feel like I missed much having not read the first book in this series. A good testament of how well a writer, Michelle Cox is, is the fact that despite having not read the first book, I easily connected with both Clive and Henrietta as a couple. They were so cute together. I appreciated that Clive let Henrietta be herself and respected her brain smarts.

Before I go any further about this book, I just have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed this book so much. The reason is because I usually stray away from books that hint to anything regarding Pride and Prejudice. The several books that I have tried have been major fails for me. A Ring of Truth is a major hit with strong characters, a dash of mystery, all wrapped in a delightful time period!

Ok, back to the book. Every person that Henrietta encountered was engaging. Additionally, there were no minor parts played by any of the characters. I can't wait to continue the journey with Henrietta and Clive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway