Just but barely Within Reach

         
Dying wasn’t on seventeen-year-old Xander Hemlock’s summer to-do-list. Finding ways to spend more time with his girlfriend, Lila, was the most critical thinking he planned on doing. But that was before he found himself trapped in a realm of only darkness with thirty days to convince Lila he’s not actually dead—well, not completely, anyway.

As Xan tries to show Lila she isn't alone, she struggles to comprehend how her life has changed so completely. Six months ago her life was perfect: she was on her way to becoming a professional dancer, her parents were still married, and her boyfriend was alive. But now, with her anorexic tendencies stronger than ever, she must decide which is the lesser of two evils: letting go to be with a boy she doesn't love, or holding on to the unreasonable, yet overpowering, feeling that Xan is still within reach...and trying to show her something.

Improbable and endearing, Within Reach is a story of two soulmates discovering that sometimes it takes more than one lifetime to get it right.
 
My Review
 
Ok, so I did not totally see the ending coming. I liked how it ended with a bit of a cliffhanger. The story had a nice flow to it. I was able to read it without any real stumbling blocks. The main reason why I can't say that I am in love with this book is because although I did feel the strong connection between Xan and Lila, I did not experience the love worth going to the ends of the Earth for. I was craving this reading this book. It was like me the reader had to be assured of this factor at the end of every chapter. Yet, there was a few other love interest that came into the picture for Lila and I could not picture anyone else with her but Xan. For example one of the guys was Jason. At first I thought he was a good friend but as the story went on, he quickly got on my nerves and I found him annoying. So much that when he could come into the picture I would quickly skim over his parts of the conversation. As far as soulmates and a ghost story, this is not a bad one. It is actually one of the better stories I have read in a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations