The Houseplant

 



George, a fern, doesn’t appreciate being bought by Brenda at Garden Palace.

And he certainly doesn’t appreciate being trapped in her house of humans. He yearns to be with the plants outside in the garden. With time, George learns to trust Brenda and think of her as his human. Then one day, tragedy strikes and George’s life will never be the same. What happens when a houseplant loses the thing he never knew he wanted?

You'll never look at houseplants the same way again.


My Review

I am not crying, you are crying. This was my first thought after reading this short story. Mr. Ray shows that even short stories can pack a powerful punch just as much as a full length novel. I loved that George was the narrator of this story. So, everything was experienced and felt through his point of view. 

It was easy to feel for George, even if he was an houseplant. I for years and years have always talked to my houseplants. In fact, I recently got an Aloe plant about 6 months ago and named her, Allie. I talk to her and in return, she has grown. 

Anyways back to this book. I just absolutely loved this story so much that I was sad when it came to an end. This is the first book I have read by this author but it won't be the last one. Mr. Ray has a new fan in me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway