Coldwater




Having forfeited his youth to the state prison system, Michael moved back to the only home he'd ever known. An empty shell of a man who now lived--if it could be called living--in the still vacant house of his parents in a town with one stoplight. A town that hated him. Had always hated him. And was ready to pick up where the prison system had let off.

Now he's on the run from men who've tried to kill him once; but Michael is more than an ex-con. A powerful, sinister force creeps inside him, threatening and destructive. Who--and what--it will destroy next is the only real question. From the bold voice that brought readers down Purgatory Road comes a new pulse-pounding, spine-rattling tale of vengeance and justice that will have them up all night.


My Review

I enjoyed this book a lot. Although, what held me back from fully committing 100% was the fact that I found myself not committed to the characters all the way. Which in turn was easy for my attention to be diverted by other things while reading. Yet, this was really the only factor for me.

The story was good. Michael was the only strong lead in my opinion. I was on his side all the way. He was not only smart but resilient as well. It was like he could not be killed. No matter how many times the bad guys tried, Michael popped back up. He came back stronger.

There is one thing that you can't accuse this book of lacking...action. From the beginning to the end, there was lots of movement. This made me very happy. While, this book did not fully hit the mark for me, I would read another book from this author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway