Doing a little reading with Say You'll Remember Me




Doesn’t matter who did it. Not anymore. I did the time. It’s over.”
When Drix was convicted of a crime—one he didn’t commit—he thought his life was over. But opportunity came with the Second Chance Program, the governor’s newest pet project to get delinquents off the streets, rehabilitated and back into society. Drix knows this is his chance to get his life back on track, even if it means being paraded in front of reporters for a while.

Elle knows she lives a life of privilege. As the governor’s daughter, she can open doors with her name alone. But the expectations and pressure to be someone she isn’t may be too much to handle. She wants to follow her own path, whatever that means.

When Drix and Elle meet, their connection is immediate, but so are their problems. Drix is not the type of boy Elle’s parents have in mind for her, and Elle is not the kind of girl who can understand Drix’s messy life.

But sometimes love can breach all barriers.

Fighting against a society that can’t imagine them together, Drix and Elle must push themselves—Drix to confront the truth of the robbery, and Elle to assert her independence—and each other to finally get what they deserve.
Add to Goodreads badge

Purchase Links

Amazon | Books-A-Million | Barnes & Noble

 
.

About Katie McGarry

Katie was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.
She is the author of the Pushing the Limits and Thunder Road series. Say You’ll Remember Me will be released in 2018.
Katie loves to hear from her readers.
.

Connect with Katie

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads

.



Andrew’s a few years older. More friend of our family than a personal friend of mine, and I don’t like the idea of explain­ing that my parents think I need a babysitter.

Drix’s mouth twitches at my words, and my lips also edge upwards. “I just made you smile a third time. Is this a Guin­ness Book of World Records thing?”

“I liked your answer.”

“I’m just creative like that.”

This time, there’s a short chuckle, and I like that sound almost more than I like him smiling. I kick at a rock before gathering my courage to meet his eyes again. “Thank you for helping me out.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

I’m waiting, and I don’t have much time. He needs to ask my name. He needs to ask for my number. I’ll give him both—in a nanosecond. “I’ve got to go.”

“It was nice to meet you,” he says with all the smooth edgi­ness that can only belong to a gentle rebel. It’s like his voice was created to slay unsuspecting hearts.

Adrenaline courses through my veins because if I do this and he rejects me, I might as well tattoo a big fat L to my forehead and die of humiliation. “I’ll give you my number if you want or you can give me yours…if you’d like. If you’d like to talk again or…hang. My name’s Elle, by the way.”

Drix rubs the back of his head like what I said made him uncomfortable, and I seriously want to crawl behind the game and die. I’m being rejected.

“Look.” He hesitates, and my entire body flashes sicken­ingly vomit hot. “I meant what I said earlier. You’re out of my league. Way out of my league. And it would be easy for you to think I’m a good guy because I stepped in.”

And because he paid money to let a little kid win, but hey…who’s keeping score?

Me. I’m keeping score.

“I just got home from being gone for a year, and I’m only interested in making friends. Besides, I don’t want you to think I stepped in because I wanted your number. I ask for your number, and it’ll come off that I’m saving the day to get something out of it. That’s not why I did it. I stepped in because not all guys are assholes.”

His voice just doesn’t melt hearts, his words do, too, and this guy doesn’t want my number. As far as rejections go, it could have gone worse.

“Let’s go, Elle.” Andrew cups both of his hands to his mouth. The sand must be narrowing down in the hourglass.

“Well…” Find something graceful. “Thanks for stepping in when you did…both times.”

Drix inclines his head, and his dark eyes soften in such a way that I may as well become a puddle on the ground. “Anytime.”

Why doesn’t the world have a million guys like this? That should be one of my father’s political agendas—create more gentlemen.

Drix turns away from me and walks toward the midway. I stay rooted in spot because I don’t want this moment to end. Some people live their whole lives for the past few minutes I just had, and I want to savor it a little longer.

This time, though, he glances over his shoulder to look at me. I smile. He smiles. That would make it number four. Guess I’m just talented like that, and then with a sigh, I leave.

  


Excerpt tour for SAY YOU’LL REMEMBER ME:

Monday, January 8th: What is That Book About
Tuesday, January 9th: Girls in Books
Wednesday, January 10th: Just One More Chapter
Thursday, January 11th: From the TBR Pile
Friday, January 12th: Stuck in Books
Tuesday, January 16th: Books and Spoons
Wednesday, January 17th: Snowdrop Dreams
Thursday, January 18th: Mama Reads Blog
Friday, January 19th: Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Monday, January 22nd: Books a la Mode
Tuesday, January 23rd: Bewitched Bookworms
Wednesday, January 24th: Thoughts from a Highly Caffeinated Mind
Thursday, January 25th: A Holland Reads
Friday, January 26th: Cheryl’s Book Nook
TBD: @everlasting.charm – IG feature

Review tour for SAY YOU’LL REMEMBER ME:

Monday, January 29th: What is That Book About
Tuesday, January 30th: Katy’s Library blog and @katyslibrary
Tuesday, January 30th: Lost in a Great Book
Wednesday, January 31st: @annikabbauer / @beach.house.books
Thursday, February 1st: Bewitched Bookworms
Friday, February 2nd: Not in Jersey
Monday, February 5th: Girls in Books blog and @girlsinbooks
Tuesday, February 6th: Just Commonly
Tuesday, February 6th: Thoughts on This ‘n That
Wednesday, February 7th: Jathan and Heather
Thursday, February 8th: Rockin’ & Reviewing
Friday, February 9th: Stuck in Books
Monday, February 12th: Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Tuesday, February 13th: Snowdrop Dreams
Wednesday, February 14th: @athousandbookstoread
Thursday, February 15th: Thoughts from a Highly Caffeinated Mind
Friday, February 16th:Mama Reads Blog
Monday, February 19th: Moonlight Rendezvous
Tuesday, February 20th: Cheryl’s Book Nook
Wednesday, February 21st: Novel Gossip blog and @novelgossip
Thursday, February 22nd: From the TBR Pile
Friday, February 23rd: Read Love Blog
Wednesday, February 28th: Bookworm Everlasting blog and @bookwormeverlasting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway