Available Dark


Cassandra Neary receives a voice message from Investigator Jonathan Wheedler. It is partly due to this voice message that Cassandra accepts an assignment from Anton Bredahl, a guy she just met over email. The other reason being that Anton wants Cassandra to travel to famed photographer Illkka Kaltunnen’s house to assess some art work of his to verify that they are real. Plus, Anton is going to pay Cassandra a lot of money. Cassandra could really use the money and this is a good way to leave town and avoid the Investigator.

Cassandra meets Illkka and views his photos. Everything seems to be going well until Cassandra sees on the news that Illkka has been murdered. Cassandra realizes than that she has been set up but by whom and why?

Ms. Hand is a new to me author. Ms. Hand has a unique style of writing. In what I mean by this is that I felt both connected and disconnected with this story and the characters in an odd, good sort of way. Connected in the fact that I could not stop reading this book as it was different and intriguing but disconnected in the way that it was like I was in the audience watching a movie but never relating to the characters and what they were going through in this story. I felt that the characters deserved what happened to them. Due to their sick and twisted obsession with death and preserving it through a photograph. I would categorize Available Dark as more on the suspense side than I would mystery. Overall, I was intrigued enough by Ms. Hand’s writing that I would try her again in the future.

Comments

Julie said…
The title is kind of creepy (which is a GOOD thing for me, since I like creepy). I like your review, too .. I think that this would be a book that I would enjoy reading.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations