Warm Bodies is a zombie-fest of fun!





“R” is one of the undead…zombies. His friend is “M”. He is also a zombie. R has come to accept that he is dead, though R may never get over the thoughts of feeling on humans. Yes, it is a way of life but not something that R thrives on. While out on of their many feedings, R and M attack a group of young adults. One of the things about the feedings is that whatever human R feeds on, he gains that person’s memories for a brief while. This time is a young man by the name of Perry Kelvin. Perry has a girlfriend named, Julie Grigio. R feels something while experiencing Perry’s memories. R claims Julie as his own. Soon R and Julie are developing a relationship that one would never expect to blossom.

Warm Bodies is a refreshing, exciting, fast read. Warm Bodies is a zombie-fest of fun! I have read many zombie novels and it seems that they are the newest “it” thing. I can tell you that I have not read a book like this. The zombies in this book have depth and personalities. They are not just blood thirsty, flesh-eating corpses. I actually felt something for R. The interactions between R and Julie were cumbersome at first but than as the story progressed, I could see R and Julie being a believable couple. It was like Julie saw R as a real person and she accepted him for who he was. I can not wait to see what author, Isaac Marion has in store next.

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice review! Just finished a book about zombies and I was surprised to love it! This one sounds great so I'm definitely adding this to my tbr pile.
Cheryl said…
Hope you enjoy this book

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations