Hell Bent

I was lucky enough to snag a copy of this book from the Early Reviewers Program at LibraryThing.









Attorney Brady Coyne is back in action and ready to take on his next case. The last person he expected to see was his ex-girlfriend, Alex Sinclair to walk into his office. Alex wants Brady to represent her brother, war veteran; Augustine “Gus” Sinclair. Brady agrees to be Gus’s divorce lawyer. Gus suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This may be the easiest divorce case Brady has ever handled. Brady goes to catch up with Gus and finds Gus has committed suicide.

Brady Coyne kind of had a cynical attitude about him. It was understandable though considering all the different things he had going on in his life. I do have to give it up for Mr. Coyne as he is a very good attorney. He always gets the job done. Hell Bent is the latest book to feature attorney Brady Coyne. I felt that this book could be read as a stand-alone book. It never seemed like I was missing out on anything, since I have not read any of the other books in this series. Mr. Tapply is a new author for me. I will read more books by Mr. Tapply.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've avoided the Early Reviewers because I have too many books to review...you made me sorry I missed this one!
Becky LeJeune said…
How was it as a legal thriller? Sadly, I avoid a lot of them thanks to Grisham - too much, too early in my reading career. I burnt out. But I have found some that I really like - all sylistically very different from Grisham.
The Bookworm said…
sounds like a good one, great review.
I've snagged a couple of ARCs from librarything too. I just reviewed Any Given Doomsday.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/
Cheryl said…
Sorry to hear you missed last month's batch J. Kaye it was a good one.

Becky- I thought this was a good book. I can't get into Grisham so if this book had been anything like him I probably would have had a hard time reading it.

Yeah Naida. I want to read Any Given Doomsday

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations