Kid Number One

Kid Number One: Alan Hassenfeld and Hasbro follows one family’s dedication to the American dream while chronicling the history of American toysHasbro classics such as Monopoly, Transformers and Star Wars, and even Mattel’s timeless brands, including Barbie. Wanting nothing to do with the family business, Alan Hassenfeld spent his time volunteering at an inner-city school named for Martin Luther King Jr, immersing himself into the world of social justice and human rights. Now he uses his position as chairman of the board at Hasbro to break barriers and build foundations, positively affecting the lives of people around the world. 



My Review


I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I learned a lot about the history of Hasbro and the Hassenfeld family. I was really young when the toys started coming out. Although, I do remember playing with Mr. and Mrs. Potato Heads. Me and my sister would be entertained for hours mixing tons of different combinations with the parts. I did briefly play with GI Joe as well.

Mr. Miller gave me tons of information but in a way that made it enlightening and interesting to read. I did not feel like I was reading a history book. Every time I thought that was an "ah ha" moment, there was another one in that I would read about a few pages or chapters later. For anyone who is still a child at heart or wants to read the history of Hasbro should check out this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway