If I Had Two Lives

Description




My Review

The beginning of this book really grabbed my attention. The story starts with a paralyzed girl who is a patient at San Diego Long Term Care Nursing Home, who is discovered to be pregnant. She had been in this condition as a patient for years. While this story is fiction; the situation portrayed is real. Recently in the news, there really was a woman in this situation who was found to be pregnant.

When it comes to the main character, Vicky, she is good. She asked intelligent questions and didn't really make stupid mistakes. Sadly, though, she could not hold the story fully for me. I found the other characters not as engaging and I lacked the emotional connection towards them. In addition, the story did move along at a slow and steady pace. The latter third of the story did pick up speed. A fine ending to this story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway