The Crack in the Lens




Brothers, Otto “Big Red” and Gustav “Old Red” Amlingmeyer are back. This time things are personal. A long time ago, Old Red’s fiancée, Adeline was murdered. Old Red has carried regret with him that he was not in town, when Adeline was killed. Big and Old Red does some investigating to finally get justice for Adeline. What they uncover just may be more than the brothers can handle.

The Crack in the Lens is the fourth book Holmes on the Range mystery. I have not read any of the prior three novels. This book can be read as a stand alone novel. I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes, which I believe is probably a common theme with mystery readers. This book kind of reminded me of the old Sherlock Holmes stories. The characters talked in simple terms but there were plenty of twists and turns to keep me guessing.

Big and Old Red makes a great team. Old Red is more of the beat them up type, whereas; Big Red is the thinker and can calm Old. I was cheering for Big and Old to get their man. Though as much as I did enjoy this book, it did move a bit slowly at first for my taste. From what I read from author readers of this series, the prior novels are better. I do plan to check them out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations