Book Review: The Best Kind of Forever

 

Aeris Relera has always drawn the short end of the stick in life—a self-absorbed ex, neglectful parents, and a past that continues to haunt her. When she’s down on her luck one night, a mysterious knight in shining armor—or more realistically, a knight in hockey shoulder pads—saves her from a few too many tequila shots.

Hayes Hollings’ checkered past refuses to stay very far behind him, and his mistakes are even more catastrophic when they’re broadcasted to the whole world. Being a disgraced NHL player isn’t good for his love life or his reputation. Determined to get into the public’s good graces, Hayes constructs a devious plan to rebrand his image as a doting boyfriend.

Aeris has grown to accept that she’s not destined for what love has to offer, but when Hayes rewrites her fate, she’s thrown into an internal battle that has her stretched between giving love a shot or keeping her distance from the Riverside Reapers’ biggest playboy. Hayes might seem like the perfect guy to help Aeris learn how to love again, but little does she know that he’s harboring a secret big enough to ruin her completely.

Will love prevail between two polar opposites, or will fatal lies break these two apart?

The Best Kind of Forever is a hilarious hockey romance featuring a swoon-worthy, reformed playboy, a fake dating scheme, spice hot enough to make you question your religious values, and a newfound chance at love between two polar opposites. It’s the first book in a series, but can be read as a standalone.

The Best Kind of Forever is a hockey romance, he falls first and harder, opposites attract, midsize heroine sports romance with no cheating and a satisfying happily ever after.


My Review

I really loved this book. Hockey romances are the hottest book genre currently. Looking for your next hockey romance to read, then you have to pick up The Best Kind of Forever by Celeste Briars! One of the things I really loved the most about this book is that the characters are not in college and the guys already are playing in the NHL. As well as that hockey is a focal point of this book. As a true hockey fan, this makes me very happy. 

Aeris and Hayes are so good together. Hayes never was mean spirited in him starting a "fake" relationship with Aeris in the beginning. I do believe that he did have good intensions. Therefore, I was a fan of his and only became more of a fan as I got to know him better. Aeris is a feisty FMC. She had be cheering for from the beginning. Together these two brought the steamy goodness. 

Several of my favorite lines:

"I never used to get nervous around women before Aeris, but to this day, I still get butterflies when I'm around her."

"I'd kick myself if I didn't try to fight for you-for us."

"I'll support whatever you choose to do. But you can't be afraid to love. Real love-true love-is worth fighting for, no matter the wounds you get in the process."

"Forever doesn't seem so scary anymore, and I think Hayes Hollings is the best kind of forever."


Preorder book here

Comments

Mystica said…
I didn’t even know there was something called hockey romances. Thanks for the review

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway