Book Review: Rebellion

 

This novel is a standalone in the Can't Help Falling In Love Series.

Brittany
Solo. Private. Detached.
I’m used to going through life alone.
I’m used to running my own show and work best under pressure.
My past is best kept hidden.
Buried inside so I can keep up my disguise.
My mask. My veil hiding my truth from the rest of the world.
A bubbly exterior that covers up my secrets perfectly.
But he breaks down my walls.
He forces himself into my heart and drives me crazy with need.
Want. Desire.
Our passion is fueled by destruction.
Our chemistry interferes with my every move.
But there is one secret I don’t tell.
One truth I keep hidden.
I never let myself get distracted.
Until now, when I show up for my next job and find out the man I thought I’d escaped is suddenly my new partner. And hell if I can avoid the pull he has on me.
But there is one problem, he’s just as broken as me.
And together, we might just meet our end.

Dylan
Damaged. Ruined. Self-destructive.
At least those are the words my ex-wife used to describe me.
Right when I hit her with a restraining order and took full custody of our only child.
I won’t let anyone close.
I promised myself to never fall in love again.
My son is my only priority.
That and my next big job at the bureau.
But then she shows up out of the blue, twelve days before Christmas, and is suddenly my new live-in roommate for the next two weeks.
I tell myself to stay away.
I tell myself to not get involved.
But the damn pull she has on me makes me take her anyway, if only for one night when we both agree it can be nothing more.
Parting ways, I am left with an emptiness I wasn’t expecting.
A hole I’m afraid will never be filled.
Chumming it up to just one amazing night with a woman I let closer than anyone ever before, I try to lose the thought of her in my next job.
Attempting best I can to block her memory out, I quickly realize that won’t be easy when I show up for work and meet my new partner.
My match. My equal.
My whole world, and damn it if I can let her go twice.

Publisher's Warning: This book contains graphic sex scenes, violence, drug use and adult content. This book also contains passages in Cuban & Spanish. For quick translation the meaning has been written in english afterward with the use of italics. Welcome to the world of Bad Boys meets Romeo & Juliet.


My Review

This book is a good conclusion to this series. If you have read all the books in this series like I have, you will enjoy seeing appearances from past characters. Due to Dylan and Brittany's jobs as agents, this book is more on the gritter side than the prior books. Yet, I really enjoyed this book. You could feel the intensity between Dylan and Brittany. 

Which the intensity just hyped up the strong chemistry between Brittany and Dylan. So hot. I do want to take a moment to say how cute Dylan's son, Logan is. Just adorable. Dylan is what women crave when we talk about hot, single dads!

To quote Dylan:

“I’ve loved you since the first moment I set eyes on you. I loved you before you ever let me hold you close. I loved you when you walked away, and these weeks apart, I wanted to love you even more but I couldn’t because you weren’t by my side. I need you by my side, Brittany. Always. I need to love you in the morning. At night.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations