Book Review: Embracing You

 

She offered me a deal I couldn’t refuse.
A little summer fling. Casual, no expectations ... and a firm expiration date.


Samantha Sullivan and I have been best friends since childhood. Totally platonic. We had never crossed the line, not even once.

Until now.

Sam has been running away from our small town for nearly twenty years, but after receiving a life-changing diagnosis, she craves the comfort of home…and my arms.

She doesn’t want things to change, but I have loved her every single day I’ve known her, and now I’m addicted to her curves, her taste, and the feel of her skin.

She’s too used to running, and this fling may have a deadline, but we didn’t just cross the line, we smashed it to pieces.

She is my past, present, and future. And I’m not going anywhere.

Author’s Note: Embracing You is a full-length, standalone, later in life, small town contemporary romance. The heroine is dealing with a non-terminal breast cancer diagnosis and she gets a well-deserved (and steamy!) HEA. This book features a pining hero who is a gentleman in the streets and a beast in the sheets, a plucky heroine and her three-legged dog. If this is your first visit to Havenport, welcome and I hope you can stay a while..


My Review


This book really struck a personal cord with me in the fact that Sam was dealing with breast cancer. While the cancer is non-terminal, it was personal in the way that my mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer several months ago. I went with her to her chemo treatments, and we are still as a family working through day-to-day life. My mom had her surgery and is "cancer free" at this time. The range of emotions that Sam was expressing in this story were very relatable. 

I am glad Sam had someone like Gio in her life. The friends to lovers really played out nicely in this book. It was a good transition that heated up to something steamy filled with genuine love. Gio experienced emotions to that were real. Yet, he was able to still be a strong rock for Sam. I loved these two together. Grab your tissues as you might shed some tears but happy ones as Embracing You is a must read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway