Book Review: The Emperor

 


Two different worlds collide, her hurricane sweeping against Dimitri’s fury of a tornado. They have the chance to rebuild the world, but rebuilding it and destroying it are two sides of the same coin.


A bargain. A demon. A club. The Bratva. A Goddess. And, the thread of Magick pulsing through everything they do.

Is being hopeful an exercise in naivety, or is it the thing that fuels them?

Dimitri

I shouldn’t have claimed her - but I did, and she claimed me right back. But having a Tarot Reader and Witch as my Queen complicates matters. Having her wasn’t supposed to raise the stakes, but it did, and I’ll be damned if I let her go.

Corinne

I watch the uneasiness flicker in his eyes. The threat hasn’t been quelled, the ground is shaky beneath us, and with every new member I meet, I look into the depths of their soul and wonder if they’ll be the one to betray us - because betrayal is coming - it’s written in the cards, I just need to figure out who.


My Review


This series is really heating up with this newest book in the series. With this book I was all in. You can definitely say that I loved this book more than the first book. So, glad that I have chosen to continue this series. Dimitri and Corinne are great together. 


It is so nice to see Corinne blossom into a powerful woman. She was not afraid to ask for what she wanted behind closed bedroom doors as well as becoming a powerful witch. In this book, Corinne uses her abilities more. Additionally, readers become familiar better with the coven. 


I felt like I got to see who Dimitri is underneath his tough exterior. I felt more closer to him and understood him better. I can't wait to continue this series. Erin sure does know how to bring the heat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway