Book Review: The Secrets We Keep

 


Jaxon - Revenge. A small word with a big meaning and the one thing that has consumed me for years, leading me into the darkness. It's all I want, to get back at the one who wronged me and my family. When the perfect opportunity presents itself to put my plan in motion, I take it, no questions asked. I couldn't be happier to finally dish out what is deserved. Problem is, I couldn't have predicted I would like her. Couldn't predict I would fall for her. But that's the thing about best-laid plans. Sometimes they go awry.

Savannah - People think my life is perfect, that I am perfect. But they couldn't be more wrong. I am nothing more than a pretty bird in a gilded cage, my whole life set out for me. I want to break free, follow my dreams but it isn't in the cards for me. That is until I meet the mysterious Jaxon Matthews. He pushes me to be who I want to be, the achieve my dreams. I wasn't supposed to fall for him, but I did. Now I am free-falling into the life I want, a life that is mine with a man I choose. I just didn't expect him to have the biggest secret of them all.

That's the problem with the secrets we keep, what is hidden in the dark will eventually come to light...


My Review

I really enjoyed this book. The chemistry between Savannah and Jaxon was hot. Yet, what they shared was deeper than just "Sex". They connected on an emotional level as well. These two are great together. Savannah has a bit of a sassy side to her when it came to Jaxon. I am glad to see that Savannah was not intimated by the powerful men in her life to stand up for herself and pursue what brings her happiness and that is Jaxon. 

This is my first introduction to author Kelly Kelsey but it won't be my last. She writes a good story with engaging characters that I want to get to know. Romance readers will really enjoy this book. So glad to see that this book appears to be the first in a series. A fast read. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway