Broken Elite

Patrick

Everly is lying to me about my sister's death. I don't know what she's hiding, but I've made it my mission to break her down until I know every last detail. Our broken pieces will match, and she'll know the soul-crushing agony I feel when I look at her. I hate that I want her. Unequivocally, the need I feel for her is stronger than I'll ever be. If she thinks she isn't still mine, she's lying to herself, too.

She used to look at me like I was everything to her.
She'll look at me that way again.
I can promise you that.



Everly

My best friend is dead, and I can't tell anyone her secret. Patrick thinks I'm protecting myself. But really, I'm protecting him. He's in pain, and knowing I'm the reason is utter torture. The truth will cut him far deeper than losing whatever it is we had. I'll give him what he needs, even if it means he'll hate me forever.

He wants to break me.
He's too late.
My world shattered the day I chose to lie to him.




My Review

Author, Waverly Alexander pens a book that romance readers will want to read. This book features hot sex and hotter characters...Yes, please! You can say that this first book in this series is off to a great start. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. 

Patrick and his team mates were good friends. They had each other's back. Plus, there was good old fashion teasing. I like that they treated Everly as one of their own. Part of the title of this book features the word "angst". This is no joke. I felt "angst" every time that Patrick pushed Everly away. I really felt for him. Luckily, he had Everly by his side. She was his rock. 

Yes, the sex is hot and there is plenty of it. However, it was not over the top or too slutty. It was filled with emotions that made it more than just sex. Romance readers will be in for a yummy treat reading this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway