Baby Doll




For fans of Gone Girl and Girl on the Train, BABY DOLL is the most tense thriller you will read this year.
Held captive for eight years, Lily has grown from a teenager to an adult in a small basement prison. Her daughter Sky has been a captive her whole life. But one day their captor leaves the deadbolt unlocked.

This is what happens next...

...to her twin sister, to her mother, to her daughter...and to her captor.

My Review

You could say that I devoured this book in a matter of about an hour and a half. I could not stop reading. From the first page to the last page I was in for the long journey. However before I go any further I just want to say that this is nothing like Gone Girl. Ok, back to the book. Lily is a fighter. Yet there was a point when I thought that might not be the case. A big reason for this is her twin sister, Abby. She fought for both of them but at the same time she helped Lily find herself again and start brand new. In a way they healed each other. Abby was broken too after Lily's disappearance but she became stronger in the end as well. I hated Lily's captor. There was no doubt left on the table for the reader to feel anything but repulsive towards him. I will be adding this author to my list to keep reading books from.

Warning as the "f" word is used but in context to portray real emotions that the characters were experiencing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations