The Skeleth


In a vast kingdom divided by power-hungry lords, land equals power. With the Nethergrim now awake, her limitless wellspring of evil means opportunity for those willing to do her bidding. One ambitious Lord, eager to overthrow his counterparts and rule the north, succumbs to temptation, helping to let loose the Skeleth, forces of energy that absorb whole anyone who attempts to kill them. In this way the slain end up as slayers, a vicious cycle that never ends.

Yet that will not stop young Edmund--an apprentice wizard--and his friends Katherine and Tom, from trying to stop the evil threatening to overtake their kingdom. Together, they team up with the legendary Tristan in a battle of courage, brains, determination, and sacrifice to stop the Skeleth and save the Barony of Elverain from being conquered.
  


My Review

While I thought the first book was good, I felt that the author really hit his stride with this second book. I don't know what it was other then it seemed like the story and the action was starting to really come together towards the end of the first book and therefore it continued on in this second one. I had more history with the characters and the skeleth. I was cheering on the good guys all the way. Just like in the first book there was death. As I was reading this book it was like a mini movie playing in my head. This time around I also had no problems just sitting and reading. This trilogy does have a medieval feel to it that I enjoy. I know my nephews will like this trilogy as well. The ending left with a cliff hanger that I now have to play the waiting game for until the last book comes out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations