The Land of Last Chances

Jeanne Bridgeton, an unmarried executive in her late forties, discovers life doesn’t begin and end on a spreadsheet when her expected menopause instead becomes an unexpected pregnancy. Though accomplished at managing risk professionally, Jeanne realizes her skills don’t extend to her personal life, where she has allowed the professional and the personal to become intertwined. She’s not even sure which of two men in her life is the father. Worse yet, a previously undisclosed family secret reveals that she may carry a rare hereditary gene for early-onset Alzheimer’s—and it’s too late to get genetic tests. This leaves Jeanne to cope with her intense fear of risk without the aid of the mountain of data she’s accustomed to relying upon. Wrestling with the question of whether her own needs, or those of her child, should prevail takes Jeanne on an intensely emotional journey—one that ultimately leads to growth and enlightenment.


My Review


I liked this book. I unexpected turn of events that Jeanne experienced was something that women could relate to. Although, I will admit that I did find this book to be a bit depressing. This is partly due to the fact that the other characters did not help. They were not cheerful as was Jeanne. She did improve as the story progressed.

Thus for the tone of the story, I did struggle with reading the book. What I mean is that it was slow reading for me. It seemed to take longer for me to finish than I usually do. Despite my opinions and feelings of this book; it is a good read. I do encourage readers looking for more women authors that are writing "real life" stories to give this book a look.

Comments

Mystica said…
Unexpected and definitely eventful. The story sounds very interesting.
trave said…
Travel Blog was started with a vision of Travel Blogging back in 2016 . Earlier the blog was named Virtual Nerves .
Through this, they will be able to prepare in advance for lesson making learning easier since they have already familiarized themselves with what is to be covered. content writing services
Kelly0989 said…
Wow! Such a nice piece of writing. I wish I could compose such nice stories and play with the words that way. If I had talent in writing there would be no need to seek a case brief writing service in order to proceed with my writing. There would be no problem to write an essay or anything he kind.
Rohan Singh said…
The post is very informative and useful, visit us I hope you would find the same. We are a mobile app development organization serving AR/VR, cross-platform, blockchain, etc. services in IT field. For more details, visit flutter app development company or contact us: +91-9717270746 or email us: sales@appsquadz.com
Jon Hendo said…
standard process is to use Zoom or Microsoft Teams to capture a speaker live and process this video feed in OBS. virtual edge and thank you emails
Download Soul Knight Mod
Superb. I really enjoyed very much with this article here. Really it is an amazing article I had ever read. I hope it will help a lot for all. Thank you so much for this amazing posts and please keep update like this excellent article.thank you for sharing such a great blog with us. expecting for your.
Soul Knight Mod Apk
Superb. I really enjoyed very much with this article here. Really it is an amazing article I had ever read. I hope it will help a lot for all. Thank you so much for this amazing posts and please keep update like this excellent article.thank you for sharing such a great blog with us. expecting for your.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations