Come Get Infected

Ok, Here it is my review for the challenge.


First off let me start by commenting on this book cover. Is this not the Coolest cover you have seen in a long time! I have been hearing great things about Infected and I have to tell you it lived up to it's expectations and more. If you are looking for a book that you can lose yourself in than you really have to check out this book Infected by Scott Sigler.



Here's my review.


People are going insane. They keep hearing voices and turn into killers. Killing people around them in addition to turn on themselves. The Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases is investigating this rash outbreak and what could be causing this. Margaret Montoya with the CDC detemines that there is one thing that all these people have in common......They have been colonized by a bioengineered parasite.

Perry Dawsey has been infected but there is something unique about him. For some odd reason the parasites need Perry. The parasites start communicating with Perry. They even grow eyes, so they can see what is going on. Perry doesn't know what to do. The only thing Perry knows is that the parasites need Perry to live. There is help on the way but help for who... Perry or The Parasites?

I have to tell you this book kept my interest going till the end. I have not come across many books like Infected and this is why. Infected delivers such a hugh whopping punch of "Holy Shit, I can't believe what just happened."

In just the first chapter. There was a man who called a radio station demanding to be put on the air as he had just murdered his family. His reasoning was because The Triangles told him so. Infected reminded me of the movie Bug with Ashley Judd and The X-Files only Infected was ten times better! Infected is my first book by Scott Sigler but after reading it I have to say it will not be my last time. I now have a new favorite author and his name is Scott Sigler. Infected was always running on full...full of intrigue, adventure, horror, and paranoia. So grab a copy of Scott Sigler's Infected but be warned you may lose sleep but don't worry as Mr. Sigler already has the sequel for Infected lined up with Contagious. I can't wait.



Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL - I commented on the other blog. Isn't that eye something else? It's what made me want to read the book.
Becky LeJeune said…
Loved this book! It's gory and gross and super fun! I can't wait for the next one either.
Scott Sigler said…
Wow! Thanks for such a great review, and I'm thrilled to now be your favorite author (oh the pressure ... the PRESSURE!).

I hope you dig CONTAGIOUS as much as INFECTED. And did you know I have tons of free audiobooks available at www.scottsigler.com?

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway