Peaches

 

Grace

It doesn’t have to be a bestseller.
It doesn’t have to be something no one has ever read!
So why am I making this so damn difficult?

I need to focus.
To push past the writer’s block, the fear, the taunting rejection that they’ll all think this new book of mine sucks a big dick!

Am I allowed to say that?
Screw it, because I just did, and it totally does, at least in my mind.

I don’t need distractions!
Especially mouth-watering, panty-dropping, dirty talking, self-gratifying distractions.
Distractions that cause my breath to catch, my thighs to clench, my center to quickly dampen, and my brain to scream only two self-gratifying words.

Yes fucking please!

OK, that was three!

Never mind the fact that he’s my new boss.
Forget the idea that he corners me into a fake engagement - the first day we meet!
Ignore the obvious evidence that I can’t, for the life of me, stay away from Brettly Beckett!
And what’s more, I don’t want to!
And he doesn’t make it easy!
No, my lucky readers, he’s not backing down without putting in some very hard-to-resist, self-pleasure seeking efforts.

Gifting me with the nickname Peaches, he makes it known he’s dead set on claiming my peach the first chance he gets, and the sooner the better.

But I quickly learn that’s a development that could prove too self-destructive if we let it.
After all, it's like they say, not everything in life can be as sweet as a peach.


My Review

The first thought that comes to mind after I read this book is..."OMG, I want more!" The second thought is I won't be thinking of peaches or peach pie in the same way again. Thanks for this Evelyn Montgomery. Romance readers who love a good trope will want to treat themselves to a copy of this book. It features Rom Com | Billionaire | Enemies to Lovers | Fake Engagement | Slow Burn | Comedy.

Brett may be the new owner of O'Connor Publishing House but he is not the stuck up rich guy. In fact, he has a heart of gold and a sinful smile. Grace is one of the authors for Brett's publishing company. The first meeting between Brett and Grace was a meet cute but the second time around was not so sweet. There might have been the label flung at Brett of King Douchebag. Yet, in the end, Grace was totally and utterly ruined by Brett!

There was this one scene where Brett's Grandmother, Marie is giving sexual advice to Grace. She tells Grace to make a man happy starts in the bedroom. You have to satisfy and encourage his sexual fantasies, so he does not have them with other women. Grams then proceeds to tell Brett that is what she did with her husband. She would wow him with things he never thought they'd try together.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations