Book Review: Where We Promise

 


In a tangled mess of betrayal and chaos, I was moved almost overnight onto rival territory under the protection of the one man I never wanted to be a burden to.

Jameson King.

In order to keep me safe, he handed me a ring and told me I’d become his wife. It’s a marriage made of convenience, but there’s a thread of truth neither of us want to examine. The past we’re ignoring, the almost we could have had if our lives were different.

If I hadn’t chosen wrong.

I keep trying to convince myself it doesn’t matter, not when we hold hands, or sleep in the same bed. Because Jameson has always held me at arms length, and my ex is coming for me…we’re just biding our time before this all comes to a messy end.

This is where we promise to hold, to honor and cherish…but what are vows made from lies?

Jameson will stay long enough to ensure I’m safe, and then he’ll let me go, just like he always did before.


My Review

With each new book in this series, I grown closer and closer to the Stone Riders and their ladies. The other two prior books in this series, I would say are on the spicer side, but this one is more on the emotional and slow burn side. It is a nice change. Don't get me wrong as I do love my spice, but I am also a sucker for the slow burn, emotional reads that make me become fully invested in the love interest's story. 

From the first moment I was introduced to Jamie and Pen, I knew I was going to love them. What I really enjoyed about this book was the chapters that flashed back to the past with the slow progression of time jumps. With each jump, you could feel the love between these two grow deeper and deeper. When Jamie gave Pen her "first kiss"!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway