The Birthday Girl




Description



My Review

I was looking forward to reading this book. Thus when I got a copy I was very excited. Sadly, this book did not quench my thirst.

I found the characters off putting and stuck up. The one that was the most was the birthday woman herself, Ellie. She was all about showing off a wealthy image even if it meant it was all pretend. The people that Ellie was trying to impress were not her friends. It felt like a somber party. When I learned about Ellie's secret; I was like that is it. It was not a shocking one.

It was a bit of a struggle for me to get to the half way point with none of the characters intriguing me. Plus, it felt like the story moved at a slow pace for anything to really start happening. The latter half of the book did more faster but it did not change my feelings about the book overall.

You can request a ebook copy on Netgalley until December 31.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations