The Introvert




A vacuum salesman by day, the introvert lives a quiet life alone with his dog until a work relationship and a dark secret from his past team up to create an uncomfortable imbalance in his otherwise ordered life, one that soon finds him squarely at the center of a murder investigation. With his thoughts continually urging him to make people “red and open” and to “achieve it” with his girlfriend Donna, what follows is a sometimes brutal, oftentimes hilarious, and absurdist account of the life of one very anti-social and unexpected anti-hero.

My Review

This is one of those books that you can both love and hate it at the same time. Ok, maybe hate is a strong word. More like a "what am I reading". This is a train wreck but it is so good that I can't stop reading. This book is told from the first person. I am mixed on first person books. Some I have read are good and others were not so good. This book is in the good category.

The main character is so socially awkward that again this was a situation where it was both painful and funny to watch how everything played out. However, my favorite parts were when the main character would be interacting with someone he could not stand and thoughts of killing them would play out in his head. The results were always the same “red and open”. The next time I watch a murder show or read a book with a murder scene I am going to think “red and open”. I enjoyed reading this book more then I thought I would and the end results were magical.

Comments

Ginny Fite said…
Thanks for reviewing, Cheryl. Interesting perspective on the story.
Ginny Fite

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations