The Killing Forest


Following an extended leave, Louise Rick returns to work at the Special Search Agency, an elite unit of the National Police Department. She's assigned a case involving a fifteen-year-old who vanished a week earlier. When Louise realizes that the missing teenager is the son of a butcher from Hvalsoe, she seizes the opportunity to combine the search for the teen with her personal investigation of her boyfriend's long-ago death . . . Louise's investigation takes her on a journey back through time. She reconnects with figures from her past, including Kim, the principal investigator at the Holbaek Police Department, her former in-laws, fanatic ancient religion believers, and her longtime close friend, journalist Camilla Lind. As she moves through the small town's cramped network of deadly connections, Louise unearths toxic truths left unspoken and dangerous secrets.
My Review

This is the second book I have read by this author and the second Louise Rick novel as well. Yet, this time I was really into the whole story and experience. I don't remember much of the prior novel or the past ordeal that Louise endured; however, it was ok even though it was part of the focal point in this book. Because I felt that Louise did get her closure due to the fact that most of the gaps were brought together in this book, so even if you have not read the prior novel, you will not be lost reading this book and can figure out what happened before.

The legends and rituals of the Nordic ways of praying to the Gods were intriguing. As I stated I was more engaged reading this book thus all of this intrigued me very much. Getting to know Louise more as a person and not just a detective was great. Where she came from and the people helped give me more insight into the type of person she is present. I do look forward to reading more books by this author. The Killing Forest is an engaging story that you won't want to miss!

Comments

Mystica said…
Both author and book new to me so I enjoyed the update.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway