The Newsmakers




TV reporter Erica Sparks has become a superstar overnight. But is it due to her hard work and talent? Or is she at the center of a spiraling conspiracy?

Erica Sparks is a beautiful and ambitious reporter who has just landed her dream job at Global News Network in New York. And while it was hard to leave Jenny, her cherished eight-year-old daughter, in the custody of her ex-husband, Erica is determined to succeed in the cutthroat world of big-time broadcasting. She can only hope her troubled past won't come back to sabotage her dreams.

Although the wounds from her divorce are still fresh, Erica can't deny the chemistry between her and her new producer, the handsome and empathic Greg Underwood. But a relationship is the last thing she wants right now.

On her very first assignment, Erica inadvertently witnesses -- and films -- a horrific tragedy, scooping all the other networks. Mere weeks later, another tragedy strikes -- again, right in front of Erica and her cameras.

Her career skyrockets overnight, but Erica is troubled. Deeply. This can't just be coincidence. But what is it?

Erica will stop at nothing to uncover the truth. But she has to make sure disaster -- and her troubled past -- don't catch up with her first.


My Review

I have read several books from this author. I instantly became a fan of the author's writing. A good connection with the characters and the story. However it has been a little while since I have picked up a book from this author to read. So when I saw this new book I decided now was a good time to revisit this author's writing.

Again I able to jump right into this story with no problems. In fact, I was watching some television when I started this book. I actually could not wait for my show to be done so I could turn off the television to really focus my attention on reading this book. As much as I did like this book the only reason I was not in love with it is because I felt that the only strong person in this book was Erica. She lead the story and showed she was not just beauty but also brains. Plus, I was not feeling the romantic angle between she and her producer. Otherwise, I enjoyed this book a lot and plan to go back and check out prior novels and can't wait to read the next book from this author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations